Today was such a long day. It started off ok...I didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning, but it was rocky from then on. Chris had duty today and the kids were bored all morning so at noon we went to downtown St. Marys for "Christmas in the Park." Santa was there and they had snacks/lunch and games. The kids seemed to have an ok time but really, all we did was wait in line. It was about a 1 hour line to see Santa for 2 mins and then another 30-40 mins to get lunch. When we left I was really exhausted but we went to get Austin's hair cut and then home. 15 minutes after we got home we turned around and went right back out to a similar Christmas event on base. Alyssa was awful from then on except for the part where she got to ride a pony. On base they had a few crafts for the kids, hot chocolate and cookies, pony rides, and snow. Santa was suppose to arrive at 6 but we didnt stick around that long because the knats were so horrible. The snow, although a neat idea, turned out to be a big slippery mess. There were hordes of children throwing snowballs at each other which really hurt because it was melting and freezing together. After that we went to Peppers (mexican food) which I think is my favorite local restaurant but Alyssa had one big giant meltdown. I'm so glad today is over and they are sleeping!!

Alyssa did not want to go near the scary man dressed in red so I had to get in the picture with them.

They both loved riding the horses. Alyssa was so excited about it she kept running to the front of the line. At one point before I got to her the woman that was putting all the kids up onto the horses actually picked her up to put her on before she realized that I was her mom, not the people standing at the front.
1 comment:
I love the santa picture as well as the other pictures.
Post a Comment