Children and frustrating. Cleaning house is next to impossible when you've got 2 little wrecking balls coming right behind you. I did acomplish one thing today. My kitchen is darn near spotless. Not so much decluttered, but at least clean. Tomorrow, my main task is laundry and boy that is the big one. I have to clean out my closets to fit any more clothes inside. My clean clothes have been sitting on Chris's side of the bed for weeks now and I want my bed back. I want to be able to sleep on the whole thing while Chris is gone and enjoy the king sized bed for what its really worth! I've got dirty laundry everywhere but with so much clean laundry on my bed I've been stalled to clean any more of it. Tomorrow is THE DAY!! Ok, now that there's pressure onto it, we'll see how I do. The kitchen is clean and ready but now i've got to keep it that way plus do the laundry. Then when that's done I have to keep both things that way but onto the next project....we have too many toys. They are all over the floor and some of them are going to disappear. Wish me luck because if there's anything that i'm definatly not good at, its being a housekeeper!!
While I was cleaning the kitchen tonight, I noticed that there is a big cut in the floor. Underneath it there is a bunch of air so it's lifted up. And this is not one of the holes I already knew about. I dont really know what kind of flooring it is, maybe vinyl or something like that? It looks like tiles but it is all one big piece. So....to the top of my wish list goes ceramic tile in my kitchen and bathrooms. I know it can be super slippery and glass will shatter onto it if dropped and it's possible to crack a tile or two, but darn it, if one of them cracks, at least you can replace the one individully. Its silly to have flooring be all one piece like whatever the heck is out in my kitchen and in the bathrooms. Its ugly and dull looking from being all scratched and just gross. I've never been able to get it fully clean since i've lived here and believe me I scrubbed it. Still, when I swiffer over it, one of those cleaning pads is just filthy after a few square feet. And that was even immediately after the scrubbing!
My current wish list:
ceramic tile for kitchen and both bathrooms (anyone think they can help with a DIY job?)
new carpet for the rest of the house
new dishwasher
approx. $20,000 in cosmetic surgery which shall remain nameless for now, but if you look at me, you have a pretty good chance of guessing
Obviously that last one will take some saving for since my shot in the dark of getting the insurance to pay for it came back denied.
Austin got his first phone call from a girl today. I was just silly giddy until she called like 6 different times. The first 3 times he wasnt even home from school yet. She must have called him like right when she got home. When I asked him about his girlfriend, he said "HOW DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!?!?" I told him because she called him I just assumed it was his girlfriend. Then he said, oh that is not my girlfriend. Caroline is my girlfriend but she didnt want my phone number and neither did Emily so i gave it to Mikaylee (however you spell her name)!!! That was an interesting bit of information that I think I will leave alone. Of course then I explained to him that in order for him to call someone his girlfriend, he has to not just like her, but ask her to be his girlfriend and she has to say yes. Then he said well I think she's pretty and that's the whole point of having a girlfriend right?? (Oh how innocent they are!!) I told him for now yes.
Thats definately all for tonight. I'm up way too late to be going on and on about ceramic tile and my 6 year old's potential girlfriends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tile is pretty easy to put down. I've tiled a couple of rooms while Justin was at sea before and we've done them together as well.
Post a Comment