Thursday, January 15, 2009

I went to the dentist today expecting horrible news about my teeth and they actually gave me fantastic news!! I have sensitive teeth not cavities all over my mouth!! What a relief :) I really thought I had to waste hundreds of dollars on my mouth. Austin still has some minor dental work that he needs but that doesnt seem like such a big deal now that I know my mouth and teeth are just fine.

Yesterday I went to the commissary to go shopping and I stupidly locked the keys in the car with Alyssa inside and buckled into her carseat!! Luckily I didnt panic...I called Sunshine and she went into my house for me and got Chris's keys off his dresser and came and rescued me. Thanks Sunshine!! While I was waiting I was talking to Alyssa through the glass not only to keep her calm but also to try to get her to unbuckle herself. But its amazing to me how many people will walk right past you without a word when you are clearly locked out of your car and talking to someone who is stuck inside. I guess it's possible they thought I was some crazy person talking to a car. It was pretty crazy how I got locked out to begin with. Alyssa's side of the car was unlocked and my purse was on the seat but the drivers side was locked (the car has automatic sliding doors and when you open the door on one side it only unlocks that side of the car). So I opened the passenger front door to hit the unlock button like I always do so the whole car will be unlocked....but instead i hit the lock button and I shut the door. Silly stupid me.

Tomorrow I'm going to Florida since it's a 3 day weekend. I'm excited to see an old friend and meet her new baby for the first time!! Also cant wait to drive 4 hours with the kids...fun stuff.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's great news about your teeth! I know you were worried.

I've locked Elise in the car before when she was about a year old. The cops came pretty fast to unlock it for me-they're pretty good about that when a kid's in the car.

Have a fun trip in FL!